Skip to main content

Round Two

I had my blood work done today. Some of it explains how I've been feeling lately. Some of it doesn't.
For instance, it doesn't explain the increasing pain in my right leg that makes it difficult to walk, even with a cane. (The trip from and back to the hospital parking lot was a very difficult walk indeed.) But the doctor thinks it does explain why my feet are cold. (Pretty strange, eh?) The blood work shows that I'm still quite anemic and require another transfusion. This makes for the third transfusion lately, two of them one month after the other.

I'm also back on track for round two of chemo. It starts Thursday this week, for four days, followed by the dexamethasone 4 days on, four off, four on, four off the rest of the month. Here we go again! At least this time I know what to expect (I think). Not sure I'm looking forward to it, though.Boxing and boxers makes for a good analogy, here. I really want to fight this thing.

Guitar: No guitar today
Book: From Beirut to Jerusalem
Music: Bob Dylan and the Band - Before the Flood

Comments

Whitey said…
Good choice of art with Chuvalo. In all his fights, he was never knocked out.
The Greying One said…
yeah, but boy he sure got beaten, literally - duh

Popular posts from this blog

Tales From The Supermarket

Bob and Brenda worked in the supermarket. They weren't check-out clerks. And they weren't stock-boys. Brenda sure wasn't. And they weren't employees who worked in the fish section or the deli. No. They were on the shelves.

They hadn't been on the shelves very long but in that short time they'd developed a considerably close friendship.

The chatted all day when the store was busy and at night when the store was closed. They talked about everything. The talked about what raw products they came from. The talked about their manufacturing processes. And they talked about the long routes in semi-trailers that brought them to this store.

Oddly enough the one thing they never made clear to one another was just what product each of them was.

One day when Brenda was commenting on their friendship she told Bob she was grateful for their amity. "Are you Tea?" said Bob, pekoe-ing her way. "I thought I was Tea". You're coffee!"

This week's Tw…

My Back Pages - October

Well, folks, I read seven (count 'em) seven books in October. One I didn't finish but even at that I hit the magic number 50 I estimated for myself by the end of the year. The six books I successfully waded through were, firstly, What Happened, Hillary Clinton's book on her bid for the Presidency. I''m a bit of a political junkie so I get off on this stuff but still it kinda struck me as one long whine over losing.
Next up was the excellent Canyon of Dreams: The Magic and Music of Laurel Canyon. Laurel Canyon was the fabled area outside of Los Angeles where many musicians and artists lived. Known as a 60s enclave, the book takes a look at just who lived there over the last 80 years. A fascinating read.
Next up was Lightfoot, a biography of Canadian folk singer Gordon Lightfoot. He may have been responsible for some iconic folk songs but he was also quite the womanizer and boozer. Enough said.
Then I read Dan Brown's new tome Origin, the fifth in the Robert Lan…