Skip to main content

Stop! In The Name of Love

I came across an article at the Boston Globe's web site recently that made my hair stand on end and my, uh, ahem, male reproductive organ go limp. A young fella in Egypt, from a well-to-do family, fell in love with a "commoner" whom his parents forbade him to marry. To get back at his parents the guy grabbed a knife and sliced off his penis. Go-go gadget home vasectomy kit! Boy, I've heard of cutting off your nose to spite your face, but that's just a tad extreme.

But you know, for some of us (depraved and lacking in taste and political correctness) there's always a lighter side to these things. Well, certainly not for this poor fellow but there for the grace of God go the rest of us. But I got to thinking what fun a headline writer might have with this story.

For example:

Man Takes Future Into Own Hands


Man's Marriage Plans Cut Short


The Penis Less Mighty Than The Sword


Parents Against Relationship, Son Gets The Shaft


Spoil the Child, Spare Rod Required


Well Endowed Man Suffers Penis Envy


The Wedding's Off And That's Not All


Axes Bold As Love


Man Starts New Club - Members Wanted


I Did I it Cause I Can't Say I Do


Parents Stick Fork in Marriage, Son Sticks Knife in Member


There's a lesson to be learned here for parents everywhere. Next time you forbid your son to marry his sweetheart hide the cutlery.


Comments

to get back at his parents? I'd think his girlfriend would take umbrage to his retaliation as well.
Chris said…
I can see the parents' reaction: "Wow, son, you're sure told US! Um, you might want to get something to stop the bleeding, and by the way, the dog is running away with your willie."

Love your headlines, especially the "Penis not mightier" one.
Dalton J. Fox said…
I read about this the other day too. Almost made me sick to my stomach. He's a dumb bastard.

And "Man's Marriage Plans Cut Short" is definitely my favorite of the headlines.
Surveygirl46 said…
Hysterical...

How about

man's ex-bride relieved not to get the short end of the stick

man tells penis - get lost dickhead
nonamedufus said…
C.B. Jones: Yeah, but he was cut off from his girlfriend, in a manner of speaking.

Chris: ",,,and the dog is running away with your willie" - lol

DJF: Yeah, me too, I just groaned when I reaD the story and then I couldn't help but laugh at his stupidity.

surveygirl46: Those are both good. Thanks.
nipsy said…
I can see it now..baby sister runs in and yells "neener neener neener, I've got your weiner" as she waves it around in the air..

Simply ouch..
nonamedufus said…
nipsy: The saddest part about this story which I didn't mention is that doctors were unable to reattach the severed member. Ouch, indeed.
Dalton J. Fox said…
I read about this the other day too. Almost made me sick to my stomach. He's a dumb bastard.

And "Man's Marriage Plans Cut Short" is definitely my favorite of the headlines.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies