Skip to main content

Not Your Average White Band


Hey I said NOT your Average White Band (hmmm, Ive always liked that album cover). But techincally this post is about AWB but in this case that's Award Winning Bloggers, brought to you today in 3 parts:



Part I
Screw You and The Elephant You Rode In On


Well, everyone managed to take a potshot at POTUS this week. It wasn't exactly what you'd call a flattering picture. In fact, it was downright gay. It only makes sense that some of the comments were too. Let's see who said what...

lotgk came up with

Adam Lambert has nothing on me.



So... this is what Glenn Beck sees every time he looks at the President, eh? No wonder he cries all the time.


and Don posted

Think I'm stuntin' like my daddy now? Ya should get a load of what I'm sitting on!


But our real Washington weiner this week was moooooog with his Obama double-whamma:

..and you people wonder why I vote Republican.

and

Obama later regrets having his inauguration suit designed by the Queer Eye guys.





moooooog, I hope you don't mind hanging with Dufus, yet AGAIN, man. Way to go.



Part II
Mom Likes Me Best


No, we're not running an old Smothers Brothers routine here. Kirsten, over at The Soccer Mom Files is one of my comic caption contest competitors and this week I won her contest.




That melon diet can be tricky but I'm willing to try if I can just get my head around it.




Thanks Kirsten. I have lusted in my heart for this award for some time. I'm happy I can finally add it to my collection.

Part III

Keep It Down On the QT Quirkyloon Or People Will Talk

One of my all-time favourite bloggers, the zombie-loving, rock and roll-singing, rhyming, joking, parodying, satirizing - well you get the picture - all-round funny blogger Quirkyloon has given me another award. Sheesh, this is gettin' to be like a mutual admiration society bloggy-style. Thanks, Quirks that was thoughful. And here's that award...

I what? I have to come up with 5 obsessions? And I have to pass it on to 5 people? Hmmm... why is that song The Way We Were going through my mind? Sing it Barbara...

Meme-ries,

Light the corners of my mind

Misty water-colored meme-ries

Of the way we were

Okay, okay. Thanks Quirks. That was sweet. 5 Obsessions?

1. Music, good old-fashioned rock and roll in particular. And evidence of this obsession can be found at dufusdownbeat my music blog

2. Humour. And some of the wackiest knobs on the web can be found at my 2nd home Humor Bloggers Dot Com

3. I'm kinda addicted to captioning. And the fruits of my loins, er, ah, labours can be found at Dufusawards where I keep my hardware. I shine it every 2 weeks!

4. I love visiting my fellow humour bloggers. I have so many favoutites I can't get to as many as I'd like regularly. Maybe YOU could visit them. I pass on this Fabulous Award to all of them! Go check 'em out on my blog roll at A Bunch of Clowns.

5. Finally I obsess about Quirks. She's one of the blogs I visit every day for my funny fix and I never come away disappointed. She hangs out at Musings Of A Quirkyloon.

Thanks again Quirks. And to show my appreciation I've written you a little poem. It's just a coincidence that you happen to be running a contest for the best Zombie Poem. This has nothing to do with that. Heck, no.

A Zombie Poem

Around each dark street corner she lurks

Sipping Diet Pepper, munching gherks

She's slightly insanze
Looking for brainz
Our rocknroll, zombified Quirks
Man, this post had so many damn links in it I almost feel like Jimmy Dean!
*

Comments

Marvelous Marv said…
You're hilarious. Hadda drop in again - anyone who can hang with the Quirkster on a daily basis is all right in my book. (wink)

The Old Silly
Whoa... big week over in Dufusland! Congrats on the awards!
nonamedufus said…
Marv: ;) yerself.

CatLady: Wow, "Dufusland". Today a blog, tomorrow a theme park! Thanks CLL.
Donnie said…
Wow, congratulations to everyone and you too. moooooog's the man!
nonamedufus said…
Don: The man? Why, he's the midget man of steel!
Anonymous said…
Wow Noname! That was a GREAT poem! I loved it!

Laughing so hard, I'm getting a belly-ache!

It's gonna tough to pick a winner! But truly, I adored yours! You have me pegged!

LMZBO, LMZBO, LMZBO!!!
nipsy said…
Love it!! Some of those comments kill em..literally. I'm sick as hell right now, so any amount of laughing sends me into coughing fits..
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: Long post today, took some time to pull it together, but I saved the best for last!

Nips: Get well soon. Sorry I made you laugh (heehee).
ReformingGeek said…
Congrats on your awards but you are really smooching up for that zombie contest. Come on. Admit it. You really want to win. You should be ashamed and disqualify yourself immediately.

Kidding. Kidding!
nonamedufus said…
RG: I come from a long line of ass-kissers. I can give lessons!
Marvelous Marv said…
You're hilarious. Hadda drop in again - anyone who can hang with the Quirkster on a daily basis is all right in my book. (wink)

The Old Silly

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies