Skip to main content

Looking For A Political Alternative?


I was over visiting fellow blogger injaynesworld last week when I stumbled across her article about the Coffee Party.  At first I thought it was a joke.  You know something Jon Stewart or David Letterman would come up with.  But no, turns out this is a real political alternative to the Tea Party.



The Tea Party, in case you've been eating your cocoa beans before you grind and brew them, according to it's website calls it's membership "patriots" and says it's core values are: fiscal responsibility, constitutionally limited government and free markets.

High profile patriots include Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck.  Uh-huh.

Meanwhile, over at the Coffee Party website "democracy is sacrosanct".  And there are... "No lobbyists here.  No pundits.  And no hyper-partisan strategists calling the shots..."



Now, what you may not have known is a few other alternatives have sprung up.  Oh, yeah.  And as a public service, I'm going to share them with you.  You're welcome.

First there's the Tupperware Party.  Uh-huh.  They're quite secretive.  They advocate a tight seal around what their party does.  But their members, while somewhat flexible, are fakes.  That's right,
they're plastic.

Not your mother's tupperware party!

Then there's the Keg Party.  Yep.  Their members are on the young side, for the most part.  They participate in silly antics.  Unlike other groups they don't give the government a sober thought.  And their platform is haphazard.  You got it...it's simply thrown up with little planning.

Wants to be Keg Party leader.  Draft him.

There's the Pool Party.  They've floated a few ideas but thus far have only shown themselves to be out of their depth.

Pool Party.  They're all wet.

And finally there's the AVON Party.  They've been around a while.  They have a good foundation.  They're on the rouge side of the political spectrum.  Two problems with this group, though: their lips stick when they talk and the media accuse their spokespeople of not answering questions directly.  You betchya.  They make up their answers.

AVON Party...already have own badges!

And that's where the American political spectrum of 2010 is headed.  Kind of makes you want to move to Canada, doesn't it?

This post originally appeared on Sound Off To America.

Comments

Can I sign up for the Keg Party AND the Pool Party? Or do I have to choose just one. If that's the case, I guess I'll stay with the Coffee Party.
nonamedufus said…
CL: Hey, it's America. If you don't belong to the Tea Party you can do anything you want!
Mama-Face said…
I heard about this "party" last week. Interesting...but if Mr. Beck is a member, well I just don't know if I can take it seriously. Sorry-I should not go political on you.

I heart Avon. bahahaha. I just think that is so funny; I don't know why.
Me-Me King said…
What about the Pot Party? I hear they are a smokin' alternative.
nonamedufus said…
mama-face: Beck and Palin were fronting the Tea Party. The Coffee Party has no high-profile members, just a bunch of jittery, nervous supporters.
nonamedufus said…
Me-Me: My list is by no means complete. Maybe you and I could take out a joint membership? *sings* doo-be doo-be doo...
Anonymous said…
Well I'm a party pooper! That's the only party I belong to!

HA!

Funny Nomie, very funnie! LOL
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: You belong to the pooper party?
Leeuna said…
Love the party choices. And LOL at Margo's comment. I think Willie Nelson is the recruiter for the pot party.
Unknown said…
For me who is aware about our politics here in the Philippines, i can also relate with this kind of issues.. Hope the coffee party will succeed.. hahahahaha..
Donnie said…
I find that after appearing at a pool party I usually end up at a keg party. After that, I come home with boxes of plastic egg containers from the Tupperware party. Sadly, I don't remember any of this, but the egg containers come in handy.
nonamedufus said…
Tim: Well, they seem to have started out on solid "grounds".
nonamedufus said…
Don: That was a good yoke, Don!
nonamedufus said…
Leeuna: Didn't he sing "On The Roach Again"?
Kelly said…
Wait! What about the Toga Party?
nonamedufus said…
Kelly: Hey, yeah. In the party hierarchy, that's after the Keg Party 'cause you need to be three sheets to the wind. Ha!
Chris said…
I'm with Kelly...TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!
nonamedufus said…
Chris: Damn, I would have to forget the Toga Party. My collection of political parties has been short-sheeted!
It totally makes me want to move to Canada!
nonamedufus said…
Mike: Bring your sled, your dogs and your toque! You can join our Dog Sled Party.
Quirkyloon said…
Well I'm a party pooper! That's the only party I belong to!

HA!

Funny Nomie, very funnie! LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies