Skip to main content

Sunday Funnies

Comments

00dozo said…
Always great funnies! But I'm wary of hurricanes, especially the WD-40!
;-)
Donnie said…
I'm really surprised by all of the hoopla that the Arizona law, which is only substantiating a federal law, has caused. It's not a big deal! It's been a law for years. It's never been enforced though.
Frankly, it's old news with me. Just enforce the damned laws and this would not have been necessary!!!
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: I thought that cartoon was priceless. Glad you enjoyed it.
nonamedufus said…
Don: Everything I've read indicates this is a new law. While illegal immigration is a federal crime the Arizona law now also makes it a state crime, giving police the power that federal officials once had. The concern of course is that police will go too far, stopping anyone and everyone in a predominantly white state who isn't white. I've seen the law referred to as the "toughest in the country". I concur with putting a stop to illegal immigration. But I don't agree with giving police the power to harass innocent citizens.

But then, hey, political cartoons can sometimes be funny and can sometimes in and of themselves be thought-provoking. I chose this one because it did the latter.
Anonymous said…
Funny funnies!

WD-40 hurricane! Funny, but sad.
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: Yeah, that's one of my favourites this week.
Tgoette said…
Great selection as always! Hard to imagine anything funny about the BP situation, but you have to find something to smile about with it! Loved your comment on my blog this morning. I notice you didn't deny the "God-like qualities" reference. Which begs the question, can you change water to wine? And how about Scotch? Let me know!
nonamedufus said…
Tgoette: Water into wine, maybe. Scotch into wine, that'd be stretch. Hey, thanks for your award today. I've prepared a post for Friday.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies