Skip to main content

Pause Ponder and Pythons


This was one heck of a picture this week wasn't it?

I mean, look at this guy carefully.

What an asp!

Speaking of which, we had a lot of excellent submissions from you guys this week. For my part, I thought this guy lost something in the translation and thought the saying was "the early nerd gets the germ-an snake". But, hey, good thing I wasn't playing. Here's some of the folks who slithered on by this week.

Japanese Noseloscopy
Raymond



Snakes on the Brain



I told you if you sneezed too hard your brains would fall out.



It's snot! What you think it is?



Now I was torn between the next two to actually determine a winner so guess what? We have a double winner - both of whom are quite funny. And when you see them one after the other you'll see how I just couldn't separate them.


It took one hell of a worm to catch Jeremy but, yes, he took the bait.
Whitey (from *spits* Toronto)

and

When Samuel L. Jackson declined a role in "Snakes on a Plane 2" the guy who played Mr Miyagi was happy to accept the part.

(I love Whitey's caption but have no idea
what it might be referencing.)

Way to go guys. You be hangin' with the dufus. Well, actually, without getting all technical about it, Whitey and I hung out last weekend, with Sir Drinksalot, celebrating Canada Day with a couple of brewskies.

So Jeremy, looks like it's you and me guy. What do you want to do? We could check out the ophidians at the pet store. Wadda ya say?

Thanks to all for playing this week. See ya Wednesday for the next edition of Pause Ponder and Pun.


Comments

00dozo said…
(Dang, it's a bloody ghost town around the bloggerhood today.)

Congrats, Whitey and Jeremy! You both waxed on and waxed off with those captions.

;-)

And congrats to the honourables!

Thanks for another mention, dufus. (Hey, did you ever see that guy - a 'visual comic' - who would eat spaghetti and sneeze a noodle out of his nose and pull it back and forth? Gah! It put me off of my capellini for a month.)
SP said…
I hate snakes...
Cheryl P. said…
Congrats Whitey and Jeremy! Great captions. AND thanks for the mention nonamedufus.

Have a great week!!
nonamedufus said…
It is like a ghost town today, isn't it? No, I hafta say I never saw that guy but I'll see if I can Google or You Tube it.
nonamedufus said…
Oh, geez, me too.
nonamedufus said…
No problem, Cheryl. Thanks for playing!
00dozo said…
I tried to find the guy I saw but got a whole bunch of other idjits that believe this to be a favourite pastime. Well, I guess it's better (and safer) than 'blue angels' (and, paleeese, you must know what those are).
nonamedufus said…
The only blue angels I found on you tube were the guys that do loop the loops in airplanes. I don't think that's what you had in mind.
00dozo said…
Google "pyro flatulence" but don't try it at home - hell, don't try it at all!

;-)
nonamedufus said…
Ok, this guy has real talent.

http://youtu.be/TnH2pgtt7_I

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies